Sunday, June 1, 2008

nyc

I made it to New York! This is going to be one of the hardest things I'll ever have to do. I miss Bryan. I miss home. I miss my family. I'm doing fine and our apartment is ok. I wish it was in a better location, not that it's not in a good location-- we are safe, but it's not easy where we are because we don't know our way around the local trains yet. It will get much easier by the end of the week as far as getting around.

Brandy... this is not a call-worthy moment... I'm just feeling the reality of where I am and how long I'll be gone.

Ok on a lighter note I'll wrap up our day quickly and show a few pics:
1.The cost of the worst plane ride ever ever ever: vomit

2.The cost of unknowingly leaving the only three sets of keys on the table and letting the door lock behind me: immediately locked out of the apartment

3.The cost of living in a predominately Spanish neighborhood: shopping for groceries at a place called the "Spanish Beef Market" where pinatas hang from the ceiling

4.The cost of following Parker's gift to Lexie (a book about cheap eats and treats in NY) to find food: winding up at an abandoned navy blue door in the side of a wall. (and then aborting that plan to eat at a slightly more familiar venue of Subway)

5.The look on the man's face that was sitting next to me when I threw up: Priceless.

COME VISIT ME!

My office is the medium-sized building just beyond the short building to the left.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are feeling so... sick about things. (Yeah, sorry, I went there)

    I hate vomiting worse than anything in the world. I loathe it. I am sorry you had to do it on a plane!

    Your apartment is a lot bigger than I thought it would be! Positive postive!

    Good luck in the big big city. Don't get too lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...like I said earlier, when I only knew about the vomit, at least you have a good story to tell! I'm sure you're feeling tons of emotions right now. I like the new apartment...it looks bigger than I expected. Let me know how work goes. I have some long drives tomorrow if you want to call ;-) love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh- what a start. Lots of change. You have quite the ride ahead it seems. Like you said it might be one of the hardest things you'll do, but hopefully it will prove to be an amazing (temporary) experience. After being gone for a while, it was fun to get some updates- look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete