Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Movin on Up...

To the East Side...
man, I wish I was on the Upper East Side... This apartment SUCKS! Our toilet broke for the second time in two days last night and we blew a fuse this morning. The toilet thing really sent me over the edge. I had a freak out moment and sat on the floor and cried into my new $5 towel from Bed Bath and Beyond. Brandy, if it hadn't been so late I would have called you. I just went to sleep instead (and probably really freaked out my room mates.)

I was only ten minutes late for work today! I got on a different train and it took me from 1 block away from my house to 1 block away from my office! And I found a post office at lunch (which I've been trying to do for a couple of days now.) Boy, oh boy, are things looking up. My day at work was troubling though, I had apparently not charged my phone in the midst of my freak out session so it nearly died today, and I couldn't listen to music. Silence is golden?
I promise I'm happy in this image: I didn't realize my self timer was on two seconds and not ten...
I also didn't have lunch with my office mates again because I went to the post office. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

After we got home, we changed clothes and headed back to the city. We met up with some fashion friends with prestigious internships at places like Yves Saint Laurent, Versace, Vera Wang, Mint, Donna Karen, and Rag and Bones (Lex is at Atlantic Records which isn't fashion but still pretty hott-- P.S. She saw P. Diddy today!). So fun to hear the stories everyone has to tell! None of them are getting paid though so they are allllll jealous of me! Just kidding. But seriously. We ate at this quaint French bistro called Jacques in SOHO. This was our first night to do something besides get groceries or go immediately to sleep. (and it was fun-- which I really needed.)

From left: Justine, Meredith, Me, Lexie, Ashley, Scott (Lex and Ashley are my room mates)

5 comments:

  1. Ashley I am so sorry you hate the apartment...I dont love it but I haven't cried about it yet so I dont think Im in as bad of shape. I am so glad we went out and I agree that was some much needed fun...we'll definately have to do it more often!! And yes we are ALL jealous of your paid internship...seriously. Anyway I love you and I want you to know that you can rely on me if you are going through a hard time. anyway I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASHLEY!!!! I'm sad that you cried about the new apt. New rule: Call any time. I'm probably awake with the baby poking and kicking me 24:7! :-) Sounds like you had fun going to eat with everybody! Cute pics!!!! Will maintenance fix the toilet? love you!!!! henry says hi and not to be discouraged. be watching your mail!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such fun. Things that are new are often tough. Hang in there girl! YOur office looks like such a cool environment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first week of my internship sucked too, and it was in JACKSON! Don't be discouraged. I know this is tough for you but a. it's only for a few months and b. it always gets better. seriously.

    Did the intern from YSL say anything about company reaction within her office about YSL dying? Just asking...

    PS- I love that necklace! Where is it from?

    PPS- You could be camping in a tent instead of your flat, so... it could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is another point of view on your situation-
    You will never be 30 with two kids, reading your cousin's blog and thinking, "I wish I had had an experience like that."

    Best of luck! I love reading the updates!
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete