Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot Hot Hot

Trapped... Like a rat... Like an underground rat who lives in a train car in the tunnel of death. It took me an hour and a half to get home from work today because my train left the station at 23rd street and stopped for an hour just beyond the platform. It took an hour to go 5 blocks!!! By the time we finally got to 28th street platform everyone was totally freaking out and most of the people got off the train! At least there was air on there! (and at least it wasn't this morning that the train stopped. I felt really nauseous this morning for a long time and the gentle swaying of the train and the humid heat of the day surely didn't help. All I wanted to do was get off the train, get off the train, get off the train. I'm absolutely convinced it was because of the mold)

Anyway... we were supposed to meet a bunch of people in the meat packing district for Justine's birthday dinner at 8pm. She wanted to go to Tortilla Flats this fun little Mexican restaurant near Chelsea. Because I had gotten off work at 6pm and there had been no sign of me, my room mates had been calling and texting me for an hour to see where I was. Well, being underground, I had no form of communication so they almost left me (they probably would have left me a lot earlier if they thought they could figure out how to get there by themselves! :) -- I don't know what I would have done this summer without my iPhone! I love that thing! We are BFF!)

The Birthday Girl! The whole restaurant plays bingo every hour and whatever party wins the round gets a prize!


Molly Gee's camera broke and was returned to her like a dead gold fish in a plastic bag. Sad.
The food was so good!
Bingo!

I gotta give a shout-out to Mrs. Jan! Bryan's been telling me how you've been giving him dinners and food to put in the fridge and I just really, really appreciate you doing that! It's really hard for me to be here and know that he's there without a house that's even in working order, and it makes me feel really good that you are thinking of him! So Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. I am starting to think that I need to start a mexican/bingo restaraunt. What an awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really jealous of the yummy Mexican food pictured above! The belly wants some NOW NOW NOW!

    ReplyDelete