Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Office Party

Our entire office took off at 4:00 today to go around the corner to the Borough-Food&Drink for Happy Hour! The office paid for the whole thing, food and drinks for 4 hours! I stayed for a while and met some people I haven't talked to yet and got to know a few people who I work with every day who I don't know well. I also had a local beer that is brewed in the city! It was tasty!

Everyone played pool and chatted and drank and ate and had a good time out of the office. They said they want to start doing this type of thing every month. It really does help when you get to hang out with the people in your office because you remember that they are people too and not just someone who works at the desk next to you, or the person who talks too loud on the phone, or the person who does whatever else... I don't know anyone here that well, but things like this definitely help!
The firm's founder saw my camera out on a table and picked it up and took a few pictures. He said "Wow! Look at that zoom! I can get really close to those people really far away! Haha Look at that!!!" I was pretty anxious to see what photos he shot with the digital zoom. I was not disappointed!

(please note how far away she is in the very first picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment