Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Funday!

I got off work at 12:30 today! It was amazing!

I went to Union Square to eat lunch before I went wandering about. When I got there, guess what I saw.
A FARMER'S MARKET! Hooray! They had flowers, fish, meat, veggies, fruit, bread, cookies, art, crafts, and some drinks! I smiled as I walked through all of those tents. Perfect. This is exactly what I had hoped to find! Right down to the moms with strollers and children sniffing huge sun flowers. (I didn't see anyone with a baguette, but that didn't get me down!)

One my way to find a spot to eat, I was crossing through the park and I saw this little girl running toward the dog park. Her dad and mom were sitting 20 or so feet away from her and pointing at her to come back to them. When I looked at her mom it was Claire from America's Next Top Model from last season. She had brown hair again but it was her. They were just eating lunch in the park.


I plopped down at the base of this great statue on it's stone steps. As I was eating my lunch and chatting on the phone with Bryan, who had just gotten back to Seattle from Vancouver, I noticed that I was definitely being watched. Definitely. There was no doubt about it and they were not shy either-- just out-right staring.

They were totally eyeing my sandwich. I wasn't scared though. I could have totally taken them if they had tried anything. That little guy on the right was giving me the stink eye.

6 comments:

  1. you saw claire?! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6.6.08

    It looks like that farmer's market is set up right in the middle of the street. How odd - I guess you just put it wherever there is space, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire? Top Model? Points for you!

    Sounds like an all around New York day to me! I hope you get more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pigeons are the rats of the air. Sick. Can't trust 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That building in the background of the first pic almost looks like Murray's office in Flight of the Conchords.

    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1235/1254545862_02643473f4_b.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. ashley, my mom sent me this link just now, and ive been reading it straight through. I'm so interested in everything! And I'm so jealous!!!! Seriously. how do you do it, if only i got the guts enough to move out there for a while.

    ReplyDelete