Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cookies and Air, Cookies and Air!

What more does could I ask for today?!

My sweet and super thoughtful friend, Brandy, sent me a really fun box today! It was a care package with cookies for comfort, magnetic picture holders for fun, and a swiss army knife for protection! How great! (Side note: If someone is close enough to me for a pocket knife to be my only form of salvation, I'm a gonner. A definite gonner. Although, it may have come in handy on the subway today...but that's for another time) I'm really excited about the cookies too!! yay! I haven't been buying sweets at all so I haven't been eating them, but when I saw them at the bottom of the delightful cardboard box, it reminded me how much I love chocolate! mmmm.

We had a 'design forum' today at 4:30... We listened to someone present an office project idea and we all drank beer. After the presentation everyone gives feedback and input on the project. I like this design forum business!

Our awesome handy-man installed the air conditioner that Lexie and I lugged home yesterday! Fantastico!

Also, I didn't tell you that 'POM Wonderful Tea's Customer Service' wrote me back about the atrocity that cannot be further mentioned. They said they have rigorous health and safety protocol and are looking into the problem as being with the Western Beef. They said at some point the product must have been totally unrefrigerated. They also said that they urge all of their handlers to treat POM like milk so it won't spoil. Anyway... they're sending me free coupons for some more purchases and apologized profusely about the atrocity that cannot be further mentioned.
Coming Soon: I get to meet Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway, go to a craft fair in Brooklyn, attend a free concert in the park with the Vampire Weekend and a free concert at Madison Square Garden with Coldplay, go to a Water War in Central Park and IKEA opens in 5 days 12 hours and 29 minutes! There's always something to do here! (AKA: Come Visit Me!)

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all of the fun stuff you get to do in NYC! I want to come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to come back home. you're having too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got your package...sorry it took so long. Beer at a meeting, mmmmmm - give me some of that! ;-) When you meet Steve Carell, are you going to throw in a "that's what she said"?! I'm so jealous of your events!!! I'm glad you're having fun and have air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete