Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yard Sale Saturday

I know, I know "Ashley, when do you possibly have time to participate in a highly successful garage sale?! How DO you do it?!"
"I don't know. I just do." I say.
So here's the BEST thing I heard all day:
My sister and I were manning the money while the rest of the yard sale crew were arranging the patio's goods. My grandmother had been arranging and re-arranging items in the most strategic ways in order to sell the most merchandise possible and in order to attract people who might just be driving by. The item in the front row center of the drive-way had just become a large ceramic rooster. An old silver car pulls up perpendicular to (and might I add, completely blocking) the end of the driveway. An older lady slowly pulls herself out of the car and inches up the driveway. She reaches the rooster. She yells across the driveway to my sister and I (here it is... the best thing all day)(if you want to hear me say it as she would have, call me, I'd be more than happy) (in a slow southern shaky woman's voice imagine this:), "How much cock-a-doodle-doo is?"

I cannot tell a lie. My jaw dropped and my eyes panned over to my sister who was giggling rather uncontrollably. I yelled around the corner, "Nana-- I think someone here wants to know more about your rooster!" Brilliant.


Globe Trekker Update:

I'm off bright and early in the morning for my summer in Manhattan! I was very very excited but as the hours dwindle at home, I'm becoming increasingly sad. I will miss Bryan and my family more than I may be able to bear. Please pray for me in that respect. I know that I could easily have a good cry daily otherwise. I'll be there tomorrow and will update when I get there with photos of our new pad.
Bryan is leaving for Seattle then Vancouver on Monday. He'll be there for a week! I can't wait to hear how that goes! He's going for a conference but he also found out that there will be a coliseum-sized philosophy book sale! Book heaven I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment