Monday, June 2, 2008

Day Two

Did I mention our toilet overflowed last night? --- Couldn't have. That was the thing that crapped, I mean capped off our day.

Today was a new one for sure! I was in much better spirits this morning. It was not so hot here and I looked cute. (I drew in that lunch box because this image is so reminiscent of the first day of kindergarten dontcha think?)

I knew which way the train station was this morning... What to do after I got on the train was something else entirely. Thus I was half an hour late on my first day. But I did get in a good 1.5 mile walk at least this morning and another mile walk this afternoon so skinny mini here I come!

This morning I realized I had neither Q-Tips nor a towel... I panicked a little on the inside and a tiny, inner, very spoiled part of me missed wal-mart. Then I calmed myself and took a deep breath. Then reminded myself of Bryan's reassuring words. "Ashley, millions, literally millions, of people survive there every day." (right after those words came out of his mouth I removed the food-stuffs from my luggage.-- I just didn't know what I might need once I got here!)

Room-mate A: Strike 1

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2.6.08

    You absolutely do look cute! Thank goodness for the blog so I can see your face (almost) everyday. A mother worries, you know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with mom, you look adorable. I love the pants!

    I wondered what New Yorkers did without WalMart. I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, love your outfit! so cute and professional. Lexie's face is priceless in the picture of her! How's the job so far?

    ReplyDelete