Saturday, June 14, 2008

I See a Mansard Roof through the Trees

Lexie left this morning for home. She will be gone for one week. Have fun, Dear!

I had a fabulous day in the city!

This morning I went to the Renegade Arts & Crafts Festival in Brooklyn. It was really awesome. There were tents and vendors set up in (literally in the pit) an old neighborhood swimming pool that was the size of half a football field. Vendors were there from all over, a lot of them have websites that they were representing. Brandy, I got you/ Henry a little something! So be on the look out!There was also this home-made vending machine:
A lady was sitting in it and speaking in a not-so-convincing-robot-voice to anyone who walked by. If you 'inserted' money and 'selected' a category, you got a one-of-a-kind hand-printed post card.
Once I got too hot to stay at the craft fair, I headed back to Manhattan and stopped at Rockefeller Plaza to cool down for a bit.
Then, I headed north to the Summer Stage at Central Park to see the Vampire Weekend play. There were approximately several thousand people there. For some reason I pictured it being a quaint little show. I couldn't even see the people on the stage (or most of the stage for that matter). I could hear them just fine, though, so I sat on the lawn and listened to about 4 of their new songs before the rains came. At first I thought it might just be a slight shower and I was under some trees so it wasn't too bad. Then it started to thunder and rain much harder and I thought again to myself, I'm under some trees so this might be bad... I headed out. This is what happened after a 7 block walk to the train.
And this is what happened to my bag:
Lost his youthful appearance and general functionality all in one disastrous rain storm. But because he disintegrated, he got to be carried home like a swaddled, slightly melted infant so that nothing would fall out.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww poor bag.

    Seriously, I would love to be the woman who gave out the postcards. I mean, come on, thinging of weird things to say to people all day? Love it!

    ReplyDelete