Friday, June 27, 2008

I Saw Danny V. today!

Anybody want to see my huge blister from that little incident yesterday?
Didn't think so.





Today my mission was to go to the United Nations Garden and find a poster of the plowshare guy. I was given this mission by a highly secretive Biblical scholar code named J-Rock...

I went to the U.N. and it was really neat to see all the flags lined up outside and the protests that were going on over Tibet's freedom. I had to go through all sorts of security checkpoints to get into the visitor's area (where there were no posters of anything, might I add). There was also a really fantastic global photography exhibit up. Anyway, when I asked the guy at the information desk if he could point me in the direction of 'the statue of a man with a hammer hitting a sword (gestures included)'. He said 'He's in the garden. You can sort of see him if you go out that door, but the garden is closed.' I asked 'is it open any day of the week?' and he said 'no, it's closed.' and I said 'So it's never open to the public?' and he said 'not when it's closed.' then i walked away because obviously we were not connecting on some very important level. Anyway, I tried to get a picture of the statue but I felt like I was too far away from him.Sorry Brandy and Jared! I'm glad I went! I probably wouldn't have if you two hadn't pointed me in that direction. But I did find that verse! It was totally by chance that I saw it. I happened to walk all the way to the U.N building from the Empire State Building (like 15 blocks) and on my way down a set of stairs (near the Tibet rally), there it was: the verse that goes with the statue! It was across the street and down the block from the U.N. but I 'happened' to go that exact way!


So, like I mentioned, I also went to the Empire State Building today. It was beautiful, but as I got closer and closer, I could tell there were hundreds upon hundreds of people swarming around it. I got in line and went up to the 'buy an observation deck ticket' location on the second floor. The second I stepped off the escalator was followed by the next second when I got right back on the down-ward escalator. No way was I about to try to make my way through a line of hundreds of tourists from tour buses. I'll go back some other time.One last thing I did today that was beyond amazing... Pinkberry!

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? Pinkberry is an 'ice cream' shoppe that is gorgeously designed and has almost healthy ice cream! They have the original pinkberry flavor, green tea flavor, and espresso flavor. With these three flavors you can add any three fruit toppings (from tons of fresh options). Or granola if you'd rather have that. Each one is only around 130 calories! It might be my new favorite place in the city. If you come visit me, I WILL take you there.Home Sweet Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment