Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Great Gift!

I got a package in the mail today!
And I immediately went to the Western Beef to pick up a 9x13 baking pan and some broth and shrimp to make my bisque! It's so so so tasty! It's the best best best meal I've had since I've been here and Ashley (no I'm not speaking in third person these days, I'm living with another Ashley) agrees-- she said it's the ONLY home-made thing she's had in the last two and a half weeks. Thank you, Jan!!! I can't wait to try the brownies!

This is my new BIG cup/bowl! (I got one for you too, Bryan!)The Beef, I'm guessing, sells to the local Mexican restaurants so a lot of the things they have are in bulk. To make the awesome Creme Brulee Brownies, I had to get a 9x13 pan.... well actually I HAD to buy TEN 9x13 pans.... so we can use one as a cookie sheet for some crashed up potatoes, and one to cook steak, and Bryan suggested lasagna for the rest, so the other 7 will be lasagna! Hooray for a lasagna a week until I leave! Too much lasagna? Yea, maybe you're right. But what else could we use allllll these pans for?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't started packing yet. More importantly, I haven't done laundry yet. Once I finish my internship this week I think I will have more time to devote to beach week!

    My vote for a pan is for PW's Chocolate Sheet Cake... yum!! Or King Ranch Chicken Casserole (see Southern Living's website)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always poppy seed chicken. Or wonderful bacon, cheddar, ranch roasted red potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous18.6.08

    Creme Brulee Brownies?!?! Those sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous18.6.08

    so i am struggling to grasp the scale of that bowl/cup thing in that picture. My mind refuses to get around the idea that it is the size of a small bathtub. Ha!

    ReplyDelete