Friday, June 20, 2008

Steak n' Shake--- And I Helped!

Ashley's dad overnighted us STEAK! We just had dinner and boy was it tasty! Thanks Ashley's dad!
Isn't this set-up cute?I made the steak and Crashed Up Baked Potatoes (Pioneer Woman saved the day with that one! Most of my recipes require far more ingredients than I have at my disposal... The Western Beef doesn't even have regular salt. Any kind of flavored salt you could ever want, but not regular old Morton salt!) Ashley cooked too! Macaroni!
It was actually pretty tasty!


I also went to IKEA today, since it was Friday Funday and I got off work early! It was just as awesome as I remembered/expected. I might have to go back just to hang out. I was a little overwhelmed by how many people were disoriented and going the wrong direction against the flow of traffic so they were IN THE WAY.... but didn't seem to notice. (There are arrows on the floor and they were still going up-stream) Anyway--- I was not too deterred and had a fabulous time! IKEA required free transportation to their store in Red Hook (a neighborhood of south Brooklyn) as a part of their agreement to locate in Brooklyn, so there are water taxis from Wall Street and buses to and from the nearest subway station. I chose to take the water taxi because I got to ride across the river for free, see governor's island, and see the Statue of Liberty!

Wall Street/ Financial District (and yes... an American Flag on the back of the water taxi)Brooklyn Bridge (which was pouring water today for some reason)This water taxi is just like the one I was riding on.I got some fun things to help organize our kitchen at home!

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that? Everything about IKEA is so modern and Swedish. When we went in Atlanta, it had just opened and everyone was doing the same thing- going the wrong way.

    I think everyone was confused because you go upstairs to showrooms then go downstairs for the actual stuff. It was quite crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24.6.08

    I think the Brooklyn Bridge is leaking because it's some kind of water feature/art thing. Seems I read it somewhere in our NY literature, or online in my search for the perfect hotel!

    ReplyDelete