Thursday, June 5, 2008

Night Life

Today was the first day that I would really classify as really good at work. I had a really good day. I ate lunch with my co-workers and they were really nice.
Lex and I went to the city for a bit after work. We came home to eat and change clothes first though. (not eating out is a really economical way to live here by the way-- Starting at $20 per meal, things can add up quickly!)

Here we are in our fabulous kitchen! Please notice the deep purple diamonds that have been applied to the far right wall. Love it? I think it's unfortunate because it's diamonds and because it's not done with much craft.

Times Square! They were setting up for what looked like a wedding in the island in the middle of the street! Everything was white and they were laying sod and and planting flowers. It was neat to see that urban concrete space being transformed into something so green!

We went to the Stardust Diner where the waiters and waitresses are all Broadway hopefuls. It's so fun. They all sing while they wait and most of them get discovered. We had Sex in the City Martinis! Every day when I leave work there is a huge line of grown women in high heels waiting outside the theatre on my block and I know why they're there.

This was our dinner mate. The tables were so close to each other we were practically eating together. If he had been looking, this pic would have been totally legit.

I get off at 12:30 tomorrow! I'm stoked! I've been really wanting to do things during the day!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I have heard nothing but good things about the Stardust! I wonder if anyone "famous" got their start there.

    ReplyDelete