Tuesday, June 10, 2008

News Flash

Are you all watching the weather channel? Do you realize that we are in the middle of a heat crisis in New York City?! "Record High" is the terminology that I believe they are using. I went outside three times today and each time I stepped outside, I immediately wanted to throw up. I don't love the heat by any means, but never in my whole life has it instantaneously made me nauseous.

People at work say things like "Aren't you used to this kind of weather?" And we say "No. We have houses that have the ability to stay at a perpetual 60 degrees if so desired, and we drive cars that have the ability to blast cold air at the push of a button. We do not walk anywhere, and we do not live without central air... So no, we are NOT used to this heat."

Ashley had a chocolate bar that has been sitting on the table in our apartment all day. She came home and opened it up and, well...

Enough about the temperature.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a priss, but... I don't do "no air conditioning." Sorry, that's just not something my brain can wrap around.

    I know, I hope ol' Elizabeth didn't take the coin issue too badly. I mean, she had "matured" quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete