Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beef Market

This is my unfortunate, sun-ravaged shoulder...
We went to the Beef Market again! It's a Sunday tradition. We found a cart in our apartment... the handle is a little too short so Ashley looked a bit like a hunched, Asian bag-woman, not that bag-women have to be Asian at all. Praise Yahweh! We don't have to carry gallons of milk and bottles of water 5 blocks! I think I talked the market up so much last week that I had to show it off a bit so that everyone knows that I was not exaggerating.Above, please notice the pinata hanging inside... And below, please notice the 'Welchito' (Welches) Grape Juice.
This is the little crippled friend, who can't climb stairs. He had to be lifted by two all the way to the third floor. That was really exciting. We also learned that one person cannot get groceries alone with that cart because one person cannot get the groceries upstairs by herself!
The Beef Market didn't have everything we needed so we walked down to Rite Aid, but they were closed, so on the way home we went by the corner store (The Brazilian Grocery). This is the cat that was roaming around in there... Lexie said there was a dog in there yesterday. I think the health department might have something against this little cat but I think he was kinda cute.
After I got home, I chatted with Bryan for a while. (Globe Trekker Update: He made it back to Jackson from Seattle/ Vancouver just fine! He's writing and organizing his office and our house right now!) When I got off the phone, I came to my computer to update about the market and to get a shower. But it's so hot in our apartment that we have all been guzzling water like crazy. I wanted a change so I bought this one little bottle of POM Lychee Green Tea which I love. I get it in Jackson and Starkville and I have never had one problem with it at all. Well as I'm drinking I feel something thick touch my lips. I immediately ran to the garbage and spit it all out. I looked into my bottle and saw what is pictured above. At first I was like 'Since when did POM start putting fruit in their drinks?" Then I came to my senses and now I think I drank a bit of mold! I was beyond disgusted and washed my mouth out with a paper towel. I also immediately drank an entire bottle of water to dilute it and emailed POM to let them know that I was disgusted and that they should give me a lifetime supply for free. (not really the last part, but I do hope they offer when they write back.) I did write that I would be keeping the 'specimen' until I felt the matter was resolved. I also attached this photo so they can understand the gravity of the situation. LOOK HOW MUCH I DRANK BEFORE THE FLOATER DETACHED FROM THE BOTTOM!!!! Praise the Lord that I didn't "Shake Well" as instructed. I was too parched to pause and shake... I would have totally dispersed that alien being into my whole drink!!! bleck bleck bleck bleck...

4 comments:

  1. I.am.beyond.words.grossed.out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ew! that's happened to me before, except with coke. it was naaasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARE YOU OKAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm seriously concerned. I'm glad you guys got a cart, however. The pics of the BBQ festival are great...looked like so much fun! And the market...i LOVE it! have you found a wal-mart yet? miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Sorry about the sunburn! That's EXACTLY what I looked like 3 weeks ago in Birmingham and I'm still a little red and itchy! And YUCK on the mold! They should definitely give you a life's supply of POM! Thanks for all of the awesome updates! It looks like ya'll are having fun!

    ReplyDelete