Monday, June 30, 2008

Ummm... just a computer.

Me to Lex and Ashley: "I have a really funny story about the subway."
Lex to Me and Ashley: "I'm going to call Parker."
Me to Ashley: questionable face!?!
Me to Ashley: "I'm just going to tell you my story and not Lexie..."


Here goes.
At lunch a guy from the office told a story about a friend last summer. She was dog-sitting for a family in the city who she usually babysat for while they went on a trip for a week. She'd never really kept a dog before but figured she could do the family a favor. All was well until mid-week when she woke up to find a dead dog in the living room. After freaking out a bit, she decided to take the dog to the vet's office so that they could keep it until the family got back. And after calling the family and getting the vet's address she had to figure out how to get the dog TO the vet. She certainly couldn't take a cab with the dead dog as passenger number two. She finally figured out that she could fit the dog into a duffel bag. And she did. But when she got to the street and considered hailing a cab, she thought again and knew that she could totally get away with the incognito bag on the subway which is way cheaper anyway. When she got to the platform she had some trouble getting the bag through the turnstile so a generous man offered to hold the bag and pass it to her once she was through. No problems, passed the bag, made it through... no problems. She stepped onto her train and was on her way...
About half way through the ride the same man approached her on the subway car. He said, "Ok, my curiosity has really gotten the best of me, mind if I ask what's in the bag?" She got nervous and replied, "umm.... it's just a computer. I'm taking it to get fixed." He was fine with that answer and basically said thanks, I just had to know. And left her alone. She made it to her stop and got off the train and onto the street.
She made it down about two blocks when she sees the same man come running toward her as fast as he can possibly go. She thinks he's going to speak and THEN....
HE STEALS THE BAG! HE CHARGES HER AND STEALS THE BAG FROM HER AND RUNS AWAY FROM HER ----------- WITH THE DEAD DOG STUFFED IN A DUFFEL BAG, NOT A COMPUTER!
I would have given anything to see his face when he realized what he'd done and what he'd taken... totally not worth it.


Lexie to Me and Ashley: "What was all that laughing I heard from the other room? Tell me a funny story!"
Me to Lex: "Ohhhh noooo, you didn't want to hear my funny story, I already told Ashley and she thought it was really funny and you missed it."
Lexie to Me and Ashley: Pouting four about 4 minutes until I finally told her!


This is Lexie pouting on our sofa.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That's what he gets! I hope the family got a laugh out of it, too.

    I'm checking into the whole list saga. I'll definitely keep you updated on that...and, yes, he looked totally busted when I asked him! By the way, do you like Henry's room the way it is, or do you have better suggestions? I really wanted the crib on the navy wall, but things aren't looking right. Oh, and Andrea wants to paint the wooden shelves on the white piece of furniture a fun color, like red or green...I NEED your thoughts on such. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaattt??

    Only in New York, right?

    ReplyDelete