Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seamstress for the Band

That's right... I might be listening to a little Elton John today at work... don't judge... you know you sing along out loud in your car when no one else is with you...

Some of the fam is in town this week! My mom, step dad, and sister all came to the Big Apple for a vacation! I'm staying in the city with them so it should be a lot of fun!

Last night when I got off work I met them at their hotel and led them to Times Square for dinner. We walked by Rockefeller Plaza, Radio City, and 5th Avenue on the way. We also went to the New York Times building. The new one that just opened a few months ago... the same one that several people have climbed since it opened. Two people even made it to the top!! It's insanely tall! The piping that clads the building acts as a cooling system for the almost all glass facade but also acts like a ladder, apparently.



We saw so much last night, and Times Square has so many people it is hard to stop to take pictures. I'll be better about keeping up with what we do so I can post it for the rest of the week... Big Plans for the week in the Big Apple!

Oh, and this was Parker and Lex before they went out the other night... Aren't they so cute?!

1 comment:

  1. Alright, so I 'm not sure about the Tacoma mole tunnels, but I'll check into it. My sister lives in Tacoma and is a reporter in Seattle, so if anyone would know, I think she would. I'll keep you posted...

    ReplyDelete