Friday, July 18, 2008

Rice Pudding and Modern Art, my favorites!

We had such a fun day together. Bryan and I haven't had the chance, other than my 30 minute lunch beaks, to spend hardly any time together this week so we spent the whole afternoon (of Friday Funday) wandering the city and doing fun things! We shopped a bit, went to MOMA or the Museum of Modern Art (which is free on Friday afternoons), ate Pinkberry, ate some lame BBQ, and ate Rice to Riches (an awesome rice pudding place--- sounds gross but it was amazing!) Thanks for the suggestion Whitney! It was awesome! (we didn't' eat at those places back to back to back like that, though. throughout the course of the day. We mainly wanted to try Rice to Riches and Pinkberry, and the NYC BBQ has nothin on that good ole southern hickory smoked goodness!)

From MOMA:


Bryan's favorite was the venn diagram of fish/frogs. He also agreed that men were appropriately outside of that diagram. I liked the box on the top right with arms and legs!


A face?!No!!! Student activities! I think the swirly is pretty awesome.There was a huge Salvador Dali exhibit. No pictures allowed in there, though. His colors were incredible. So lifelike and real. But his imagery was totally dreamlike and whimsical. They also had several of his videos up and running. Everything he did was so artful and interesting. They were even showing a Disney movie interpretation of all of his paintings. That was a neat exhibit.

I really wanted to see this exhibit, but it was only open to members last night. We will probably go back next Friday just for this one. It looked really cool. Some of the exhibit was set up outside so we could see parts of it.

Tiles for America: An art installation from 9/11 near union square. It also looked and read a lot like art-therapy.



Rice to Riches: A new favorite place!We had 'French Toast' rice pudding with a 'Flourish' (toasted pound cake bites)!

I think I expected it to taste a lot like bread pudding. Kind of warm and gooey and cinnamony. Not so. It was cool and delightful!

I tried to update last night but my internet was being too spotty to add pics... and I wouldn't have that. So I'm up bright and early this morning caring for my room mate who is voming like a champ. Hope she gets better soon! Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Rice to Riches was on a movie or maybe a television show because I remember those weird fork/spoon things.

    I am sorry your room mate is sick! There is nothing, nothing worse than throwing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in Hitch. I know because American Airlines has the worst movie selection on their overseas flights and they are still showing it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19.7.08

    I love rice pudding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous19.7.08

    oh yea... and art... it's ok i guess. if you're into that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous19.7.08

    Bryan liking diagrams?? I don't believe you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yess!! It was Hitch. I remember that now.

    Let it be known Bryan that I know you would not watch that on your own will because you "thought it would be a good film."

    ReplyDelete
  7. what Speaks said...hah Bryan reallyyy loves diagrams, and that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! is that rice to riches on spring street? it is just right down the street from The Jen Bekman gallery. You should check the gallery out if you got to R2R again. Thanks for adding me on twitter!

    ReplyDelete