Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hey, Haley, Let's go Walkin'

Hola! I know... It's been a while.

Jackson just isn't New York, ya dig? I've spent the week looking for a job, unpacking the rest of the boxes, those can't be the only things I've done, I just can't seem to remember what else I've been doing.

Yesterday I drove up to Starkville so that I could give my internship presentation. Our whole class came back to present. It was so good to see everyone and to hear what everyone did this summer. I think I even sold a few of the underclassmen on New York!
The beautiful morning!
Robin, Emily, Cass, Anne, Stacy, Lauren, and Liz

Once I got home from Starkville, a bunch of friends got together to go out to eat!
While we waited for everyone to get to our house, we all sat around and watched Roomba! I love Roomba! He's my favorite vacuuming robot ever! If you don't have one... you should seriously consider getting one! I got him as a graduation gift from my mom (who was like "you want a vacuum for graduation?!" and I was like "heck yes!" so I got one!) I really hate to vacuum, and with Roomba, I'll never have to again! I just press 'clean' and he does (or schedule a cleaning time and I don't even have to press anything)! Once he's done cleaning, he even re-docks himself so he can recharge his batteries!
We all met at our house and decided to walk to the Mexican Restaurant. People honked at us like they'd never seen people walk anywhere. The walk was way more like a nature hike... Let me show you:

Complete lack of sidewalks.Shrubbery-infused walk ways. (which forced us to take a 'one-at-a-time' straight line approach to walking.)Broken and cracked sidewalks.Walking in the street.Overgrown sidewalks.Low-hanging trees...

We did finally make it, however.Bryan accidentally cut his head off... That's his forehead near me.

Here we have Lexie, Parker, Aaron, Meredith, Sully, Christine, Me and Bryan's forehead.This painted wooden parrot, strapped to this bracket near our table was really curious. Some places make the decor a little less obvious, but this place had no shame. PETA should be alerted immediately.

When we got back to our house, Meredith popped a blackberry cobbler into the oven and Christine made a Strawberry Rhubarb pie from scratch! They were both delicious! I've never had Rhubarb pie but it was fantastic! I'll have to get the recipe!

More updates to come. Hopefully our house will be in photographable order soon! Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Is that Fernando's??? That's a good walk away. I guess being a NYC gal you can walk anywhere!

    We had a Roomba for a while but it decided to quit on us. I believe he had some kind of computer/hardware problem. Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25.8.08

    This is definitely "letter to the editor" fodder. How are we supposed to "go walkin' Mississippi" when the path looks like this, Haley???? Just please tell me you walked as far as you could through Belhaven before you ventured onto Fortification St.!

    ReplyDelete