Wednesday, April 30, 2008

To New York

I'm really really going to New York this time... I promise! Let's get planning!

Today was my last day of college. So finite. I know I'll go back for a masters in a couple years, but this is such a milestone!

I was so proud of Bryan last night (not that I'm not always impressed, but I was doubly impressed last night) as he was honored to receive TWO undergraduate research awards from Mississippi State. He got two because he was awarded under two different colleges, the College of Architecture, Art and Design, and the College of Arts and Sciences! There was a nice dinner, too. He got two nice placards... I like that word, placard... Way to go, Babe!


I've been helping my sweet friend, Katey pull together their new house. I'm having so much fun doing it, and I have to show one area (more to come on either my blog or hers, I'm sure) that I love! She said she felt like her cook-books were in her mom's house and could I do anything to fix the way they looked on the shelf. I simply grouped all of the matching colors and I love how it turned out! I think she's happy with it too! There are so many great spaces in their new house and I look forward to showing everyone as soon as we're finished! (if you get inspired and re-arrange your own cook-books---- I want to see how it turns out!)


And last but not least, this is an image of my final watercolor project:

5 comments:

  1. You and Lexie are going to have so much fun in New York! I am so excited for you!

    Wow. How crazy is it that you are graduating? Wow, I would be wigging out. But that's me.

    (I am in love with your black shoes.)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think whatever color you have on hand would be great! Brown? Teal? Lime-ish green? Cream? Any of those colors would work. Yeah, if you would send it with Jan that would be awesome.

    When are you guys moving all of your things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have organized our bookshelf by color. It looked pretty cool but I ended up making it a little more random because it looked a little too rainbow for all Nate's theology books. I like the idea with cookbooks even better. Also, I really like your watercolor- what do you do with all this fun stuff you work on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2.5.08

    I am reading your blog for a few weeks now and decided I just need to comment. The watercolor project is really nice! Where are you gonna use it for? Are you going to NY for the professional job or just for fun? It's cool your graduated. I got one year to go but then I can call myself Interior Designer. Did you do lots of (small) tasks/jobs during your study? I love to know how your college-years went because I am doing the same but then in Holland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously...you're fantastic!!! i LOVE your final watercolor project. going to NY will be so much fun! sorry about the phone tag; i'll try to call today or tomorrow. love you!

    ReplyDelete