Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jabberwock Review

Every time I hear 'Jabberwock' I think of Fraggle Rock.
Anyway, I have been recently informed that two of my photographs will be included in this season's Jabberwock Review, which is an a publication of the 'arts' by the English department at Mississippi State University. The one of my dear, hubby is actually going to be on the cover! How exciting!
Here is the cover pic!

And... if you're feelin lucky (or like making some finger licking good eats) please please please try this recipe.



Apple Dumplings
2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew (or half of one whole can)
Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan (organize them so that there are two rows. One end of each crescent roll should face one of the long sides of the pan). Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

7 comments:

  1. You are so talented Ashley! That picture is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that recipe on Pioneer Woman's website. I think this weekend I am going to try to make the chocolate sheet cake and olive bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great shot- congrats! Also, that dessert looks scrumptious and is totally jiving with this pregnant mama' appetite- I might have to make that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, hold on. I just read the recipe- Mountain Dew, that's wild! Hmmm, can you taste the mountain dew after it's cooked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so talented! i'm glad your work is being featured. thanks for the tasty treat...it will have to go on "The List" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so talented-frame that cover! I read a quote in Oswald Chambers' biography about art and life in architecture and thought of Bryan!
    I'll try that recipe-looks good (and MD-interesting...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BELLY pics are up! nothing to see...i'm telling you!

    ReplyDelete