Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Handcakes

So in order to 'fix' the wretchedly ugly failed attempts at cupcakes, we turned them into handcakes instead. I took the wrappers off of them and frosted them like they were miniature cakes! Success. They may have been irregularly shaped, but they tasted delicious. Beverly decided that they were not prefab crap like those sell-out cupcakes that are perfectly baked and frosted like the four at the top of the pan. I agree :) I like the Kidney shaped one the best!We went bowling for this birthday party and had a great time too! I did aweful by the way! And, for Sophie, this is how my button flowers turned out! Kind of quirky and different for sure!

And last but certainly not least... life at our apartment complex just wouldnt be complete without a little excitement. I woke up this morning and peeked out the window. This is what I saw! No more fence, only flames ENGLUFING the fence pieces and even one post. This is the photograph I took to show the insurance company if anything *cough cough* were to go unfortunately wrong with this ingenious plan. (please notice the dry leaves and debris leading right up to the back wall from the fire & how the flames are leaping higher than our 8 foot fence)

3 comments:

  1. Lord have mercy. Atleast those jugs of bleach weren't near by!

    I love your button flowers. They make me happy. I love the one in front with the brown/red button and pink button. Fun fun!

    Do you ever figure out about your internships whether or not to go to Chicago or New York?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the button flowers! How does one go about making these little guys? I want to make some. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to answer your question about verifying comments... I couldn't verify my word on the comment. In other words, I don't know!

    ReplyDelete