Monday, April 21, 2008

Tag, Tag Bo Bag Banana, Fanna Uh Oh!

Thanks for tagging me, Crystal! It made me feel like I had friends!

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ha! I would have been 12 1/2 ten years ago. So I must have been in the 6th grade. I was probably wearing my sweet GAP Anorak with leggings, making fun of my English teacher who's hair was totally out of control, and we can't forget that obsession I had with the ultimate boy band: Hanson! (for whom I had 36 posters, a tee shirt, 5 CD's including the Christmas special, and a book)
Don't judge me.

Here's the music that was popular that I was listening to:
1. Hootie & The Blowfish
2. Green Day
3. Counting Crows
4. Slide- The Goo Goo Dolls
5. Hero- Foo Fighters
wow. that wasn't as lame as I expected!

Five things on my to-do list today:
1. Work on my watercolor final project

2. Drop off some sweet finds at Katey's house!
3. Take a car load of goodies to Salvation Army
4. Concoct something edible from all of our mis-matched pantry items. (we're trying to clean out our cabinets before we move)
5. Finish a newsletter for a department on campus and email them the final draft.
+A Bonus 6. Cut out two more lamps/ 7. turn in a competition entry form for my portfolio class/ 8. finish re-upholstering my sofa/ 9. and start packing upstairs

Five things I'd do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel the world

2. Give a lot to a few great causes. I'd probably sponsor more children!
3. Pay off student loans and go ahead and pre-pay Bryan's doctorate
4. I might buy a house... but would we need it if we were traveling all the time? Yea, I'd buy a house... In Chicago. In Lincoln Park. Maybe one in England, too.
5. I'd definately invest.

Five bad habits:
1. Living out of the dryer until it's empty enough to do the next load. And, no, Sophie, I'm not a wrinkle-monster.

2. Living out of the dish washer until it's empty enough to do the next load.
3. Driving Bryan insane by living out of the dryer and dishwasher until they are empty enough to do the next load.
(note: I hate doing the dishes. But I do them because I love my husband and I know that keeping things clean is not hard to do and he appreciates it. Also I do not complain about doing these things that I do not like to do because that is not helpful.)
4. Starting projects and not finishing them. I always have every intention of finishing them all though! I almost never totally give up on a project... just sometimes it takes a while for me to complete them.
5. taking naps. I only take naps when I don't have any other pressing issues, but when I do nap, it's for a solid three hours at a time. Some would say this is a bad habit, I whole-heartedly disagree!

Places I've lived

1. Clinton, MS
2. Lawton, OK
3. Fort Sill, OK
4. Colorado Springs, CO
5. Tacoma, WA

6. Murray, KY
7. Jackson, MS
8. Madison, MS
9. Starkville, MS

Five Jobs I've had

1. An Upholstery Shop
2. An Interior Designer at an Architecture Firm
3. The Small Town Center
4. A waitress at a hamburger and ice cream shop
5. A counselor for a youth camp

I want to know more about (nice way of saying tag)
1. Shannon

2. Sophie
3. Brandy

4 comments:

  1. Aw. I've been tagged!

    Ashley, seriously. Take your clothes out of the dryer and fold them. They wrinkle! (You know I can't stand that, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the info! And I wanted to let you know that I am now completely and helplessly obsessed with Pioneer Woman's blog! I LOVE IT! I found it on your blog, so you get all of the credit for the great find! Thanks! Also, I have a design question/dilemma: I want to paint our living room and hallway (the connect and share a wall, so it's a big space/lots of wall) and I found this green, blue, gray color (kinda like a muted robin's egg blue) that I really like, but I'm scared. I know it's a trendy color right now, and I'm scared of all that color. What do think and recommend. I want to say let's just go for it, but Brian is a "Once it's on the wall, it's staying there." type, so...... any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey again! Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely try that! And yes, I read ALL of the love story in about a day and was VERY disappointed when it didn't get further than it did! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, so I am yet to have actually replied to a tag- we'll see if I get motivated...

    ReplyDelete