Monday, April 14, 2008

Trapped

Trapped.
Like a rat.
Like a bug under a dark black solo cup.
Waiting for three to five minutes for the hand of God to intervene in the elevator of my life and move it up to the fourth floor of an office building that is being rennovated so that I can get off to go into a meeting.
No phone service.
No good comprehension of how to make the elevator phone work/ get the elevator phone-door open to try to make the phone work.
Pitch black (except for the light from my phone)
The kind of black where you can't even see your hand if you were to hold it out in front of you.
Totally Alone.
When the longest three to five minutes of my life were over, and the elevator regained movement, it opened it's jaws in the basement. The basement that was filled with boxes, cutters, cold meat, meat hooks, horror films, monsters, and vampires. I took my chances with the elevator again.
I pushed the '4' button. This time it went right up like there had never been a time when we disagreed about how long my life would be.



On a lighter note: Did anyone notice how green the grass was today? Or how sweet the flowers smelled? Maybe it was just me.

2 comments:

  1. They had all kinds. Crew and v-neck. All colors. All sizes. Original $15 (they didn't mark them up, this is what you would pay for one on the website) and half off- so most of them were about 7.50. I bought two but they had tons of colors. They also had leggings, skirts, tanks, and long sleeve shirts. I was pretty excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your comment!!! awesome recognition on the "woo"!!! i agree with everything. i ran goo by boo and he likes it :-) i'll update you on names, bedding, and room colors when you call tomorrow! :-)

    thanks for the b'day wishes!

    love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete