Saturday, May 3, 2008

Graduation

My internet has been out of commission for the last couple of days! But "I'm back and I'm lovin every minute of it!" (props to anyone who can name that quote!)

So.

This week I've made 5 lamps... (Sorry yours didn't make it to you today, Sophie! It's is almost done. It just needs one more coat of paint and wiring! I'll bring it to you Friday when we go camping! Everybody loved the color of it, I chose teal-blue) finished up college, went to an awesome dance party and even graduated this morning! Whew. After all that, I took a nap.

Did I mention I also watched two red-necks try to kill a snake with a gun? Here's the picture I took in case insurance needed proof: and yes. he is pointing it right at her.
Bryan made Landon a loaf of bread for his birthday, which he loved! (I tried to make a loaf of bread last week and it came out as a two pound ball of partially unbaked dough--- as we all remember, I'm not a baker, I'm 'a little of this a little of that' kinda girl and to be quite honest, I'm not careful enough to scrape the top of the measuring cup flat when I'm measuring. I shake it until it's about right then dump it in--- YOU CAN'T DO THAT WHEN BAKING!) Bryan immediately tried again with the bread machine when mine was a failure. His loaf turned out more than perfectly. A warm beautifully risen golden crusted masterpiece really.

More about that awesome dance party... Our friend Will has been throwing amazing dance parties all year at local venues under the pseudoname "The Hooded Dear". They are always a blast and he usually brings a huge crowd. This was no different! This time, though he added LIVE DRUMZ- with Hairy Feathers (aka Bryan) So fun! We rocked out and I'm still sore from dancing the night away!

And last but certainly not least: GRADUATION!

I'm done! I got a little teary sitting in that big colliseum with my entire class. I thought, this is the last time I'll see all of these girls for a while! We have been through so much together, long nights, crazy projects, horrible deadlines and tons of trips! I love those girls and can't wait to see how much talent they are going to give back to the Interior Design field all over the country! Way to go! We made it!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATSS!! So exciting. And good pictures too
    and can I just say...I love that you take pictures "just in case for insurance purposes"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13.5.08

    Congratulations! I have to tell you how proud I am of you--and of course Bryan! I know you have enjoyed your college life --and are ready to hit the big time! I know you will!
    Hope to see you soon!
    Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete