Monday, January 17, 2011

An Inaugural Run

I broke in my new running shoes today. The shoe store girl said the lifespan of a pair of good running shoes is six months. It seems that my old ones were about six years overdue for retirement, and I didn't even know it!






We waited all day for the temperature to climb above ten so we could go running and I can't verify that it ever did especially after windchill. Yikes. Why am I doing this again??
Oh yes, it was resolution number 1... And while we're discussing resolutions, I saved $20 by using coupons at the grocery store today!! Not too bad for my first try. It can only get better from here!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for coupons and new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if some of your stores "double," but all it is, if you have a coupon with low enough value (like at Kroger, $.55 or less), they will "double" the value of the coupon. For example, a 50 cent coupon will actually take a $1 off the total (.50x2=$1). Some stores only do this on certain days, but Kroger does this all day, everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the shoes and savings! I would love to use coupons more, but I still haven't figured out how to use them efficiently. If you have tips, please share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the same shoes that I have and I LOVE them! I bought my first pair last year and replaced them with the updated model this year.

    ReplyDelete