Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New Doors

I love new doors. I love when I'm awakened by two shirtless red necks who say things like, "We gotta put en sum new doors back er." (Translation: We would be much obliged if you would let us remove your old sliding doors and replace them with nice new french doors.) Replace them they did, that's for sure. The last thing I remember was *BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*CRASH* glass EVERYWHERE. See.
They shattered two sliding glass doors with a crow bar. Then swept that broken glass into the grass behind our porch. I'm hoping some of that glass made it to the recycling bin, but I'm not holding my breath for environmental responsibility around here. It took most of the day for them to get one set of doors replaced. They're coming back tomorrow for more fun and one more set of doors. I'll post pics of our new doors later.


For a little less excitement around here... I went to Arkansas last weekend. Fayetteville to be exact. For a board meeting. Which lasted 35 minutes. We also had a mix-n-mingle party hosted by the local chapter at a show house. Each room in the house was designed by a local decorator or designer. Everything in the house was for sale, and 25% of all the proceeds go to charity. The house sold for $1.5 million!!!
These are a few of my favorite spaces and pieces from in and around the house.


The hotel we stayed in was an old mill just outside of Fayetteville. It was done in about every style of architecture and design you could imagine. This was the super creepy sconce in the halls and in my room... very near my bed. Imagine opening your eyes to that in the middle of the night!

We get the keys to our new apartment this weekend! I'll also have pictures from there in a few days!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the headboard in the lilac room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pics are great! sorry about the doors...i can hear the guys talkin' though. nice touch. miss you!

    ReplyDelete