Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Camping

We went camping last weekend with Bryan's family, as is tradition every Mother's Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend. This was something totally new to me when we got married, as my family is more of a ski-trip kind of family. I definitely needed a bit of rusticity in my life, I'll admit, but just a bit. (Don't get me wrong, they also go to the beach for a week every summer and that is one of the newest joys in my life! They really know how to have fun and all (all 23 of them) enjoy being with each other and experiencing new things.)

This camping trip incorporated something new: A CABIN!!! (with a kitchen and air and beds and no tents and not too many bugs... the ones that did make it into our room were SMASHED BY MY LIGHTNING SPEED HANDS! but I digress--- there was also one admission by my sister-in-law and cousin-in-law "they have known all along I'm not a camper... and they were ok with it." I love them!)


This was one of the most intriguing things in our cabin: a protruding, rusty, non-functioning 'can opener'--- It stuck off the wall about 6inches and could really have scalped someone. Lucky for me, I'm short!

My In-Laws! It took a few motivational speeches to get them both out on that log but they trusted that I had a good photo in mind!



Cousins! They really go crazy sometimes...

They reminded us before we left to bring our suits... This is the swimming area! Pretty appealing eh?

Just Kidding!!! Well, actually, that was the designated swimming area... but THIS was a water park. Look at all the children! They were having so much fun!One last thing... In case you forgot how great my husband is... here's a small reminder... He can walk on water (You're right, just like Jesus!)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Ashley, you may love your air conditioning and clean showers over a pop up tent but we love you all the same!

    I love that I am chasing MG. What's new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started Monday! It's been good (I deleted my earlier comment because it was GAY). I had my first interview and it is starting to feel like a job. And a job that I like at that. Which is amazing. I love the area and I love the people that I work with. I have a feeling it is going to be fun. It feels like something I could do for a living. You are going to love living over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "ski-trip type family"? ha! must be a metaphor, but I can't really tell.

    ReplyDelete