Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I know, officially the weekend is far from over, but the rest of my day today is wholly devoted to packing.

This weekend we went to Jackson. We got to meet my dad's new family and boy oh boy were there some bad omens attached to that party. Let me explain:
On my way to Jackson, I was struck by a baseball-sized reddish-brown boulder-rock. It hit my windshield directly in front of my head and scarred me quite a bit. This is the immediate repercussion and bad omen #1.

By the time I got to my dad's house, this was the visibility level and bad omen #2.

That was really all of the bad news. I expected bad things but it was actually a really good weekend. We stopped by Bryan's parent's house on the way out to the party. (Aren't we cute?)

Bryan's mom made this tomato basil mozzarella pie. Doesn't it look good?! Don't worry. I checked it out. It was really delicious.Bryan's mom and and Aunt Peggy and dad were all there and it was good to visit with them for a bit before we had to go to Flora. We have also firmly decided that there will be a girl's trip to New York to visit me sometime this summer! I say 'firmly decided' because if I don't say it that way, it may not come true!Ok, so we finally made it to the party, had a few glasses of wine, met the new family (above is my dad's fiancee, Angie, and my dad) which includes two girls and a boy. I'm sure you have an image of small children. They're not. Brittany is going to be a senior in college next year, Brady is going to be a freshman in college next year, and Charlie is going to be a sophomore in high school next year. I guess it's different for me because I'm older and married and I will never actually have to live in the same house as them so it's not as weird as it could be. Angie's really nice, too, so that helps things.

Looks like the bad omens were just coincidences.

One more exciting bit! We got the keys to our new apartment in Bellhaven! We even got to drop off a few boxes! The place is so cute!

4 comments:

  1. No one has told me directly "Keep a portfolio," but I have been keeping a portfolio of all of my work. One good thing too is that pretty much every article I have ever written is somewhere cached on the internet. Which is good because I can print them off from there.

    That windshield crack is scary!! Geez!

    Oh, I tried that tart and it was tasty!

    Cary and I decided we are going to come see you sometime in NY, even if we have to sleep in the hallway outside your apartment. Speaking of that, have you guys found anything yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sad about the bad omens. i'm glad you're all right, though.

    look at your sweet dad!!! i'm so happy for him. i haven't called b/c i thought you'd be moving this weekend. i' feel crazy...i can't remember anything...baby takes all memory to build his brain! i really miss you, too.

    that's such a good pic of you and bry! i love that dress, too. did you wear your new shoes by any chance?

    if you want, i can arrange to send you a fanny pack in NY if you'd like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27.5.08

    That must have been SOME ROCK! Thank goodness for shatterproof glass! And BTW you really should not be working a camera when the weather is that bad - hands on the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry mom!!! That was at the stop sign in Daddy's neighborhood. I would never...

    ReplyDelete