Friday, May 30, 2008

Moving Day

Today was our last day in our first house. (by today, I mean Thursday, I know it's officially Friday, but we just pulled up to my dad's house UHAUL in tow, packed to the gills at 1:35am)

We had a good day. I was feeling a little nostalgic though.

We got two great meals that we can't get anywhere but Starkville. We went to Little Dooey's for BBQ for lunch and we got Stromboli's Pizza for dinner for us and the awesome guys that helped us pack up the truck.

If you had asked me yesterday, as Katey did, if we were moving this weekend I would have said no. We decided last night that it could be done so we packed everything we could find and as Tim Gunn often says 'made it work.'


We put in an order for a 17 foot long UHAUL truck last night and today the only one available was 26 feet long and located an hour away from our house in the wrong direction. Good dang thing we got the big truck. NO WAY IN HADES would all our stuff have fit and we were even leaving things and giving things away to our helpers by the time we finally left.

We had this really awesome helper. She belongs to our neighbor but she helped us from 3 in the afternoon until 11:30pm.

And in the end, our entire lives were piled high in the back of this truck and in one of our cars.
More Pictures to come... My computer died and these were the only pictures that the draft saved... Computer cord is in the basked behind the dolly so when I dig it out today I'll be back up and running! :)

3 comments:

  1. Aw! I didn't know you guys were moving EVERYTHING now! I would be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving S'ville is hard sometimes...it was for us anyway! I am VERY jealous of the Dooey's and especially the Stromboli's!!!! Uhhhhh the cheese, the grease, the CRUST!!!! YUM! I'm glad ya'll got to Jackson OK though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this truck brings back so many memories!!! Glad you got everything in there.

    I must ask if the dog was a great help...will she be working side by side with Rahab in heaven? - remember she will be such an asset!!!

    ReplyDelete