Monday, September 1, 2008

Gustav

Happy Labor Day!
I'm stuck inside because of Gustav, but I hope everyone else is having a cook out by a lake somewhere! Have an extra hot dog for me!
Yesterday on the way to lunch we were headed North on the Interstate and we were surrounded by Louisiana tags fleeing the hurricane. We also drove by the coliseum downtown last night on the way home from church and saw a full parking lot of refugees.

We saw lots of cars full of suitcases or pulling trailers etc. Please pray for the homes of these people. I know how New Orleans looks now three years after Katrina and it is by no means back to its old self. I can't imagine having to leave again so soon.This is the wind outside my house this morning. I don't know if you can really capture wind in a photograph, but I think you can somewhat see that tree to the left leaning forward. We haven't seen any rain yet, but it is coming! We're on the East side of the storm so we'll only see rain, some wind and possible tornadoes.

I do feel kind of bad for all of the newscasters who are out in the middle of Gustav trying to report. They keep saying things like, "It's really hard to stand." "It stings when the water hits your face." "Protect your eyes from the 65 mph rain drops, they're blinding."

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1.9.08

    Okay, I cannot understand why the newscasters have to stand OUT IN THE RAIN!! Can't they get inside in front of a big picture window or something? Maybe it's some kind of badge of honor to say who's withstood the most powerful storm. I just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching the Weather Channel and one of the forecasters was wearing goggles. How crazy is that?

    I hope you get the job at IO Metro! That seems like a really good place to have a job atleast for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's my house! that whiteone! my apartment is the middle one! haha
    that's so weird

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gustav also gave me a pretty gnarly cold. I woke up yesterday, and I couldn't breathe!

    ReplyDelete