Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Self Portrait

"My humor is predicated on annoying, repetitive things... And you (Ashley) are lucky to be married to someone as funny as me." This comment came after at least fifteen minutes of a raspy old man voice. I usually laugh. What else is there to say really?

I finished my watercolor painting! Don't judge my krazee-eye (I think my left eye needs a little more work) But for a first attempt at a realistic looking self portrait, I think it's pretty good. I think now that I know how to do this type of painting, it would be fun to do it again for other people. I think this would make a really good christmas gift. I could definately see painting children, I think that would be fun!

This is the original photograph.


I like this crop much better than the whole. I think I'll get some input from my teacher tomorrow so maybe I can fix a couple of the problems I think I'm having!










we were supposed to get really bad weather tonight, but we never saw anything but rain!

3 comments:

  1. aww, i love your painting. haha, at first i thought the real picture of you was the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me sleep on your bed :o) and you painting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is great and you did a super job. I am very proud of you. I am still funnier than Byran, but we can keep that a secret. Love you, DAD.

    ReplyDelete