Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tamale Land

My kitchen became the land of tamales today. And it was good.


Corn Husks, whole and shredded





I soaked the husks while I made the masa and the filling


Masa dough


Veggie filling with zucchini, pablanos, diced tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, green onions, chili powder, cumin, and cheddar cheese



Then I made the tamales! A soaked corn husk, a layer of masa, and a layer of the veggie filling then roll them tight and tie them off!





I doubled my recipe so that I could freeze some and have quick dinners. The doubled recipe made three and a half dozen.
All that's left do do is steam them and eat them!! I can't wait!

I think this might be a good dinner to try at the beach if anyone wants to give it a shot!

Ahh, beach... If only...






2 comments:

  1. We must make these at the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be here before you know it! Close your eyes and think WARM!

    ReplyDelete