Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Holidays are coming! The Holidays are coming!

By "I'll try to update tomorrow, I totally meant 'or sometime in the distant future'!"

Well it was another busy week and when I've spent 10+ hours a day staring at a computer screen, I find it a little bit repulsive to come home and do something else on the computer. And I don't ever want to see blogging as a chore. I enjoy it very much and will continue to update as often as I can. I know things will be slower this week (and many of the coming weeks) because our project deadline is approaching along with the holidays (which I am super excited about!)
Coffee table Thanksgiving motif!

So last week we went to 'Fondren Unwrapped' which is an annual event when Fondren opens all of it's stores and restaurants after hours and displays all of their Christmas decor! Most stores have wine and cheese or in the bakery's case, cider and cookies!
Also, I didn't get any good photos of this event, as seen in this photo:
Friday night, we had a small group dinner. I think some people were busy working late. When dinner was over, we considered having a dance party (like the olden days) but re-considered because our apartment is supposed to be 'a quiet building.' (which none of our neighbors seem to observe.) Our compromise was a pitter-patter party with socked feet instead of a full out dance party! Still fun! We also spiced things up with some egg nog and spiced cider! delicious!
One other special moment this weekend has been the completion of the sofa recovery project! Hooray! It's taken a lot longer than it should have, but now it's done.

It's reversible! Now that it's done, and I've been looking at that purple fabric for months, I don't know what I think about it. I might make more covers for the cushions and then I can change them out as I please. I also think I'm going to paint all the wood pieces including the arms either white or black.

3 comments:

  1. Ashley! The sofa looks great! I can't wait to see you guys later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for (as if I have a vote) black on the wood. I think it turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous24.11.08

    Ashley, the sofa looks great. It seems to be an ongoing project. I think you are so talented to do these things, Have fun (you and Bryan seem to do that well too) Betty Boop

    ReplyDelete