Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

"I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country;
he is a bird of bad moral character... The turkey is, in comparison, a much
more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America...
He is, though a little vain and silly, it is true, but not the worse emblem for that,
a bird of courage, and would not hesitate to attack a grenadier of the British guards."
~Benjamin Franklin
If he was our national emblem, would we still eat him every Thanksgiving? Hmm. Anyway:
Family fun and food to come later! As I sit watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and smelling the ginger snap cookies in the oven, I realize how truly truly thankful I am for my life and all that I have been blessed with in my life. I have an amazing husband who loves and supports me daily, I have a fantastic family with whom I have a great relationship, I have everything I need and I am thankful. I hope you have everything to be thankful for as well, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment