Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Nielson!

I stumbled upon the most amazing story this week. As I have time to read more and more about this family's life (via blog) I am more and more encouraged by the Lord's sovereignty and grace in my own life.
I was browsing etsy looking at a necklace and a banner across the top of the artist's photograph caught my eye. It was a simple request to pray for a family. I clicked on the site.

Turns out on Sunday, August 17, 2008 Stephanie and Christian Nielson (the mom and dad) were in a private plane crash that killed their pilot and left them both severely burned.
I've only read a few pages but I know they loved each other and their four children very very much. Stephanie is in an induced coma as she goes through a series of skin grafts. Christian is awake and also going through a series of skin grafts. Their children are being cared for by Stephanie's sister.
Stephanie's sister Courtney is updating on her own blog, cjane, as well as Re-Posting Stephanie's older blog posts, which can be found at nienie, that people have written in and requested.

If you think of this family today, pray for them! And if you have a few minutes, read Nie's blog. I hope it encourages you and reminds you to be thankful for all of the people in your life.

Thank you all for taking the time to read about my life! I love you and hope you have a glorious day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the NieNie Diaries! I have read her blog for some time now and she is pretty amazing. I love the one that goes with the picture above about how Mr. Nielson loves music and came home from work searching for one song. It's in one word: amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a segment on this on the Today Show recently. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete