Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ooooo Mufassa!!

Our super creepy neighbors put a super creepy full sized John McCain cut out in their crazy creepy window... It not only made my heart skip a beat as I walked up the path but it also frightened our guests on Friday evening.

The guests we invited over for story time:


Gah, Parker, cool book! hehehe


It is also quickly becoming a weekly ritual for a few architecture class members that live in our neighborhood (and me) to cook dinner. Dinner Club, if you will! Oh, I Will!
Brad cooked last week! Marinated, grilled chicken, asparagus, salad, and blue cheese/ Parmesan bread: Delicious! This week is my turn! I'll post pics of this lata!

As for now I'll leave you with a really important muffin recipe. It's really important because it's really important that you make them immediately and eat them all without sharing.


This red leaf reminds me of fall and so do these muffins! Hooray for muffins!

Pumpkin Spice Muffins:

3.5 Cups flour

2tsp baking soda

1.5 tsp salt

3 cups sugar

2 tsp cinnamon

2tsp nutmeg

1tsp all spice

2 Cups pumpkin (like the kind that comes in a can for making pumpkin pie)

4 eggs beaten

1 cup veg. oil

2/3 cup water

combine dry ingredients and make a deep well. add pumpkin, eggs, oil and water. mix to moisten. pour into greased muffin tins (or greased bread pans for pumpkin bread) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (watch the time on this... it seems to be different for everyone just check it with a toothpick) (or cook for 50-60 min for bread)

3 comments:

  1. That muffin recipe sounds amazing. I had one like that at Starbucks the other day (ignore the fact that I just said I went to Starbucks). It was surprisingly good. I think when we go camping next weekend I am going to make pumpkin dip to go with ginger snaps. Mm mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous14.10.08

    Where do you even get a life-sized John McCain? Don't people just do yard signs and bumper stickers anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that leaf picture turns the right way? I looked at it for a bit before deciding that I was stumped by it.

    ReplyDelete