Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I promise not to be ordinary

I just returned home from an awesome "JAM TIME"!
The Journey had a pumpkin carving extravaganza! Tons of people came and we had Crush and black & orange cookies and listened to music and carved the heck out of some pumpkins!
It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy getting to do things like that with my friends! I absolutely cherish making memories. Moments created with people I love and new people I've just met are some of my favorites!
So back to the pumpkins... I brought a bunch of pictures because I usually just do the simple funny face or once (actually we made the same cat twice but let's just call it once) lex and I made a cat. But this time I was going to give it my all. I had high hopes for my big ole pumpkin and Frankensten was his name-o.
I carved my heart out for about an hour. Everyone was a little mystified by the outcome. When I showed them the picture of what it was they could pick it out, but at least I had fun right!? Then, the hi light of the night... a small child walked over to look at our group's completed gourds. She whispers to me, "IS IT A MONKEY?"
My heart fell a little but I laughed pretty hard (as did everyone else within ear shot).
And when a child gazes upon you with a sparkle in her eye, what can you say but, "YES! IT IS A MONKEY! I'm so glad you could tell!" She was thrilled that she had figured it out. And off she went to bring back her friends and family. Only when Mason showed her dad the photo of the intended muse did he really grasp what my pumpkin was supposed to portray.
Hunter spent about an hour and a half carving his:
Elise spent a about the same amount of time carving her hubby... well his hair, anyway.
And Mason spent about 20 minutes creating a JAM TIME.
Awe Yea.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous23.10.08

    Looks just like Frankensten to me. Betty Boop

    ReplyDelete
  2. pumpkin carving is my favorite part of halloween...well, that and the candy.

    ReplyDelete