Sunday, October 19, 2008

My week without a camera...

I left my camera at our dinner club on Tuesday and haven't felt awesome enough to post anything without pictures for the rest of the week.


So Dinner Club was awesome! I made steak and veggie kebabs and mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms. I also made apple dumplings for dessert! Yum!



Saturday I went to Cass and Martin's wedding. Congratulations guys! It was beautiful! But still no camera.

Last night I also decided to teach myself how to make clothes. I've really been wanting to learn for a long time but I thought I needed to take a class or get a pattern making book or something like that. I was watching the Project Runway finale and got inspired to just go all in. I figured I could work with a couple yards of super cheap fabric and see if I could figure it out. If I couldn't then I wouldn't be out more than $8 and a few hours of frustration. My first attempt at a skirt only took a few hours and is totally wearable! I might even try to wear it this week! It's not the most well-crafted thing I've ever seen, but I'm stoked. It wasn't hard and I did it all by myself without a pattern or a form or anything!!

This picture's not the best but it's a quasi bubble skirt!It's fuller when it's on, but when it's lying flat it looks totally wrinkly!My mom had us over for lunch today which was fantastic! We had chicken and dumplings and home made custard with fruit! After such a great lunch, I was super tired. I almost didn't go to church tonight because I wanted to take a nap and Bryan was at school working on a drawing. I did get up and go, though, and I was beyond blessed by it! One of my favorite people in the whole wide world was there. I didn't expect it AT ALL because three days ago he was in Japan!!! How amazing! I haven't seen him in over three years. He left for Japan the summer Bryan and I got married and has been doing mission work in an adoption agency there ever since. I love that guy and was so excited to see him! Welcome home Mason!

did I mention I (along with Bryan, Hunter, Kyle and Ben) was in a Christian Pop-Punk band called Attaboi with Mason? No? it's probably better that I didn't tell you about it. If you're lucky, one day I'll elaborate.

4 comments:

  1. Mason's back!? I guess that can only mean one thing... Attaboi reunion!

    You sure are a do-it-yourselfer. The skirt looks great!

    I miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great skirt. You're on your way to be a real live seamstress.

    The momma has been around, so she didn't abandon them. I just had to do something with them so I gave them to the local wildlife place. I found out later that if I had left them on the ground near the house, the momma would've come back. oh well...I be she hates me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20.10.08

    Ashley, I used to sew all my girls clothes and some of mine. You are very clever to do it without a pattern--looks great. MaMaw (Betty Boop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were in a band? a for serious band?

    ReplyDelete