Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

We went to the Harpoon Brewery yesterday for a tour. They let you taste one of the beers that is unfiltered straight out of the fermenter before it's carbonated.

They also have a whole bar with draft lines so you can taste whatever kinds you want that they offer. That was a little different than Sam Adams in that they only let everyone taste three kinds. I really liked their IPA and their Oyster Stout.
We also wandered around the South End for a little while before the tour. I want to hang out there a lot more. It was a really neat area. We went in the Frommagio and the Buttery.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! We made the most delicious eggs benedict with smoked salmon instead of ham... which really appealed to my pescetarian sensibilities. It was absolutely delightful and I would highly recommend it if you're an eggs benedict kind of person!


4 comments:

  1. I am living for those cupcakes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the "Buttery" is, but I'm betting you got those cupcakes there! Those look ridiculously yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, love your new headline, or whatever it's called. Very clever and personal. Hope you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20.2.10

    eggs benedict is my fav.. and that looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete