Sunday, February 24, 2008

Movie Time

Yesterday, while Bryan was in Memphis presenting a paper at a conference, I went to see "There Will be Blood" with Anne and Robin! It was fun to hang out with girls... but it was totally obvious that none of us are super girly because we were all incredibly excited about seeing that movie.

I am on a quest to see all of this year's Academy Award Nominations for best picture. (Atonement, There Will Be Blood, Juno, Michael Clayton, and No Country for Old Men) I usually don't care one bit, but this year, all of the nominations seem well chosen and actually merit being watched. As I'm sure you will all find out, I'm such a movie junkie! I watch at least 2 new movies every week (sometimes more, sometimes less depending on how busy I am.)

"There Will Be Blood" was really fantastic. It was sad to watch the total demise of a human being but the choices that Daniel Day Lewis's character made were all his own and in the end they were the cause of his madness. Daniel Day Lewis's performance was outstanding!!

(did you like that critique? :) )


I also watched
"Once" yesterday. It was really good as well. There is such an innocent and sincere friendship formed between the two main characters. This friendship only lasts a short time but is a very powerful one to both of their lives. "Once" was a quasi-musical, just so you know!

I'm really not a good movie-reviewer... My movie tastes are wacky to most, and so I may not be the best, most reliable source for movie information but this is kind of fun to tell you, my captive audience, what I thought of the movies anyway.

I'm about to watch "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. blogging is cool. welcome! Once is my new favorite. girl, you must download the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete