Sunday, February 24, 2008

For Tiffany!

So from everything our dear friend Brandy tells me, we would be great friends! She said you want to do an elegant, but not over-done chandellier in your nursery. I LOVE that idea! I immediately thought of how you could do it really inexpensively (I don't know if that's a concern, but I'm such a proponent of do-it-yourselfing)






I found this chandellier at a Good Will for $5. It was brass and a bit rusty on top. I cleaned it up and painted it with a high gloss white paint and added some new funky 60 watt bulbs. (25 watts might be better for a baby's room though- these are much brighter because they are in our living room) And Voila! This is one of my favorite thrift store finds for sure! My husband looked at my rusty old brass find and was a little leary that it had potential of becoming such a gem!



I can't wait to see what you do with your baby's room! (I kind of want pics of your new barstools too... is that weird that I know you have new barstools? I love BRANDY!!!)





Now a little something for Brandy:


Once there was a set of sofas abandoned by the local Chinese Food Restaurant. A girl who rescues lost and abandoned furniture took this sad pair into her home to restore their spirits. Don't worry little sofas. One day you will be beautiful. (Here's How!)


Soon there will be a happy ending with a little black and white and purple all over-- Thanks for helping me choose this fabric Bran! It's looking great!


3 comments:

  1. thanks for the introduction! i love having new blogs to stalk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25.2.08

    i LOVE how the couch is looking so far!!! i want it! :-) let me know how the orange material turns out when you get it! i hope it's okay...talk to you soon :-)

    love~bran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my name's Shannon and I randomly came across your blog- I don't even know how anymore. Anyways, I love this chandellier and have been on a quest for a cheep brass chandellier now- no success yet. Thanks for the idea, I'm all about cheep and fun fixes!

    ReplyDelete