Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Long time, no type.

It's blizzarding here... again... We live in the arctic, you know?

Big news: I haven't fallen down once this year on the ice! I'll probably bite it tomorrow just for saying that. It's happened every year without fail. I guess the winter is still young!

So what have we been up to?

I had a fantastic birthday and just-the-two-of-us-Thanksgiving in November, hosted our annual Christmas party with 40ish guests this year, spent some much needed time with family in Mississippi over the Christmas holiday, went to New Orleans with my Love, spent New Year with dear friends eating and drinking and dancing the night away, sold a lot a lot a lot of jewelry, and had general adventures with the kiddos!

On a more day to day note, I've taken to making popsicles as often as possible. Lexie got me a popsicle tray and a Paletas book for Christmas and I'm hooked... zero degrees or not, I'm hooked.

I've also gotten another bread 'starter' going. I have high hopes for this guy. I killed the last one (about a year ago, actually) and haven't had the heart (or the waistline) to try again. Lily helped me feed him this morning and she decided he was just like Mia. He wants to be fed every day and kept warm.

No some pictures from the past months. You'll be all caught up and I'll keep you posted from now on!

Thanksgiving day we ate lots of delicious food!


Our fun Christmas party!





The Ruins of Windsor in Port Gibson Mississippi

Crossing the Mighty Mississip

An Opossum in the Louisiana countryside.


The next few are the amazing hotel we stayed at in New Orleans! Gorgeous!









Grapefruit Popsicles. only two ingredients!

2 comments:

  1. I got obsessed with popsicles this summer! This article was great for ideas:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/super-cool-popsicles-to-make-this-summer

    The peach + ginger ones were my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, y'all really scored on the NO hotel! Check my blog for our recent NO trip

    ReplyDelete