Thursday, March 15, 2012

Have you tried Ugli Fruit?

Lily's family turned us on to this great produce market that we've been shopping at for a few weeks now. They have a huge variety of items, some that I've never even heard of.
Yesterday when I was there something compelled me to buy an Ugli Fruit. The small description explained that it was a hybrid of pineapple and orange and that sounded delicious!





It was big like a grapefruit with really tough but easy to peel skin. The fruit was light yellow and sweeter than an orange. It only had the slightest pineapple flavor. It was pretty good!
Maybe I'll get something else new next time I go!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is fun to try something new. When we traveled to other countries we always tried new things. You miss a lot if you don't.
    MaMaw

    ReplyDelete