Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Right Stuff: Eggnog

 Since it gets dark here at 4:00, what better way to spend hours and hours of evening than by making salt dough gift tags and home made eggnog?!
Thanks to Katy Elliott for the salt dough ornament recipe!



Bryan loathes the fact that I annually purchase a carton of eggnog at the grocery store. It's what I grew up with. It's the taste of Christmas... he thinks it's disgusting... and it probably is terrible.
But this year: The Year of Cocktails!
Bryan whipped up a couple of eggnog recipes to try out and this one was perfect! So yummy!
 I love love love knowing all the ingredients in the things that I eat. That's one of the main reasons why I love to cook and make jam and garden and meet farmers at the farmer's market. This one was simple and was about 5 ingredients.

 He topped it off with a grating of fresh nutmeg! He drank about two sips and left the rest for me. Even the homemade stuff isn't his favorite.

Thanks for your favorite Christmas movies! I've added them to our list and also remembered how much I love A Nightmare Before Christmas so that one is on the list, now, too! I've never seen the older Christmas movies that you mentioned, Marley, so that's a new priority!

1 comment:

  1. I was just wanting some egg nog this week and almost bought some but decided to make my own. Would you like to share your recipe so I don't have to look for a good one?

    ReplyDelete