Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dream Catcher

On one of our (many many many) snow days this past month, I dug out some of the handmade doilies that Mamaw gave me a couple years ago. I had never really known how to display them but really like how this one turned out!
The feathers are from one of the beautiful ducks Bryan killed this season and the slubby yarn is from a dear friend who brought it back from France.





We also had a really nice Valentines Day weekend!



We got a tiny reprieve from the cold weather today. We reached above freezing for the first time in weeks! While this is still our scene out of the window.... I'm dreaming of the beach! 4 weeks until spring (I'll believe that when I see it) & 17 weeks to beach week!


xo
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashley. the dream catch is so beautiful. The doilie looks so familiar. Of course it does. How big around is it? You really made something beautiful. The feather is the perfect touch. The omelet looks like tomato and mushroom. My choice every time. Flowers beautiful too. You need to frame the picture taken from your window to remember--like you can forget this winter. I know that is B. in dressed so light. Thanks again for the dream catcher picture. I am glad you found a beautiful way to display Truman's Aunt 's work. I remember she was not much of a housekeeper nor cook but she really did special handwork--all the time. STAY SAFE AND WARM the beach is coming.

    MaMaw

    ReplyDelete