Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm not a bus person.

My new job is in a new neighborhood with less available street parking so I thought I'd give the bus a try. Turns out crazy people take the bus and working people take the train. Little did I know.
In the past week I've witnessed two verbal altercations (both of them were started by people sitting next to me- awesome) a very friendly, fruit-loving drug addict, and an obese woman with an obese baby listening to Monica & Brandy's 1990something duets out loud on her phone... I'm sure there were more but my music was smartly turned up loud enough not to be able to hear them.
So, that said, I only work 3 miles away so running home is my new means of travel! It's such a nice run, see:


This is the view crossing the river. I run by Berklee music school, by Newbury Street, Symphony Hall, the Christian Science Plaza, and MIT. Not a bad run at all. And now I don't have to get up early to run. It's now conveniently built into my day!
When the snow comes, I may be back to bussing it, but for now this is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment