Sunday, March 22, 2009

On a day like today

It was such a beautiful day yesterday! Not a cloud in the bright blue sky. A slight breeze. Warm sunshine.
We had a picnic.
Bryan and I took a basket full of goodies and a quilt hand-stitched by my great grandmother out to the overlook where we met up with Lexie and Parker and their basket of goodies.
We feasted on hummus and pasta salad and key lime pie (it was Lexie's birthday so it was birthday pie which made it even better!)
We basked in the warmth of the sun and then read Eudora Welty's short stories aloud. I want every single day to be that good.

3 comments:

  1. So we could eventually be related. Sort of. :) my brother is dating your step-sister, Brittany. It's a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous22.3.09

    What a beautiful time you had. What a beautiful quilt. I wanted to say too pretty to sit on but changed my mind, You used it well.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple days like that. So many people think you have to do so much to make a day full, but I think reading at the park is better than a lot of "full" days I've had.

    ReplyDelete