Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Time is Here

I try to keep Christmas decorations boxed up until after Thanksgiving, but once the leftovers are refrigerated the wait is over. 
Yesterday I pulled everything out of the basement and while I trimmed the tree, Bryan put up lights in all the windows! I love Christmas decorations!



I saw this cute Christmas garland on Anthropologie's website a few weeks ago and decided I did not want to pay $128 for something I thought I could make. So here's my rendition:
I think it's pretty cute! (and I already had almost all the materials)


These are all the finished, stuffed, hand sewn letters. I'm still considering adding a few buttons or snow flakes... what do you think, does it need a little extra something? Also- I can make them say anything, in just about any color. Should you like it enough to want something similar, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I love the letters! Yours probably looks a lot better than Anthro and knowing you made it so so much better any day. I like the simple look without buttons the best.

    We missed you guys too! I think we may have only had Thanksgiving at Mamaw's once (we used to go to Linda's house, wherever city that was until they moved to Memphis, then we started having it at our house), but it was definitely good to see everyone. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the garland! $128? Really? I bet theirs aren't even hand-sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I had noticed it and assumed you went antique shopping without me (!) nice job, lady!

    ReplyDelete